BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby @ 38 Weeks, Weekend Recap & Pics

http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-38-weeks_1127.bc?intcmp=Nav_Global_MyBC_Stagepage&pn=BC%20Homepage

We finally got to go do some fall activities this weekend, despite the very non fall-like weather - it was 80 yesterday! Yuck! We first headed to Erwin's orchards over by my work. The road was backed up with people just trying to park. We got a spot, but the lines just to get donuts or a hayride to go pick pumpkins were out of control! On top of the chaos, every foreigner in a 100 mile radius was there, so needless to say, due to our lack of patience, we did not stay. Chuck decided we'd head down to Dexter and on our way meandering down the backroads, we saw a sign for Three Cedars Farm, so we decided we'd check it out. Thank goodness it was much smaller scale, nicer, friendlier and just plain better than Erwin's would have been. It was in Northville. We bought some donuts and cider (yum! and yes, the cider was pasturized) then went on a hayride to the pumpkin patch where we each picked out a pumpkin (sorry, didn't take a pic). We had a good time. Then (thanks to Lynn & Eddie) we went out to dinner for our anniversary at Famous Dave's. Chuck had never been there before (I personally am not impressed with their BBQ, especially when you have family that can do a way better job!) but I do love their corn muffins. So that was nice.

I ended up waking up at 3:30am yesterday - ugh! I was very tired in the morning so I kind of dozed on and off for a while. Charlie has been very clingy to me lately (not to mention he's been sick) so while I was napping Charlie curled up behind me and Chuck took a pic:

Chuck had tried to convince me that Charlie had put the pillows there all by himself (and of course I believed him because I'm gullible), but then confessed he was laying behind me, got up to take care of the laundry for me (which I very much appreciated), came back and Charlie had taken his spot. Silly boys. If I get sandwiched between the two of them I'm out in less than 5 mins - they're both so warm it puts me right to sleep!

I know I had mentioned something about the pumpkin we carved for Tessa. I took a picture of it this morning so you can see it, but it's kind of hard to see all the letters. It broke too while Chuck was trying to cut it (it's a fake Styrofoam pumpkin) so one of the S's is a little messed up, but oh well.

Throughout the weekend (mainly Saturday) I was able to get some long overdue cleaning and laundry done. My goal is to start just doing a load of laundry a day (assuming there is one) whether than waiting until the weekend, so that way when she comes I'm not bogged down with laundry. But just about everything we own is washed now, so that is good. Then I had the motivation to finally mop the kitchen & baths and clean our shower on top of my regular cleaning. I was glad I got that done too, cause like I said, they were long overdue, and that's one last thing I'll have to worry about. We spent a lot of time sucking up ladybugs though, which was not fun. Our stupid Indian Summer has brought out the mosquitoes and ladybugs in swarms. So that means we can't hardly be outside at any time of the day without getting bit and they try and sneak in the house and bite you while you're sleeping and the ladybugs somehow sneak in around the back doors of the house. It's very annoying. But, like I said, I feel good about getting those things done that I HATE to do but needed to be done. Chuck cleaned some of the windows in the back too (which I have a hard time doing not pregnant) so that was nice as well. So, it was a fun & productive weekend for the most part. May be our last...

I also had Chuck take some pictures of me last week, so I thought I would share them for those of you that our curious as to what my belly looks like. I'm still feeling good and not uncomfortable either, so I'm thankful for that as well.


Yes, my 'line' is crooked if you were wondering. Don't know why, but it is. I blame it on my scoliosis, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with it. I feel like the pregnant Barbie they had out for a while with the snap-on stomach - doesn't it look like you could just pop it off and out would come a baby?

Well, that's it for now. That's our life as of recent in a nutshell. Unless anything exciting happens before then, I'll update after my doc appt on Thursday. Ta ta for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have definitely dropped. And yes, you do look like the snap on Barbie. It is all Tessa for sure. The pumpkin turned out really cute too. I guess Charlie is watching out for you and Tessa. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You look wonderful!
Love you guys,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tessa is getting really big. The pumpkin turned out wonderful. I wonder if she likes it in there, in your belly.

Lots o' love,
Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful--healthy and all baby. Glad you got outside this weekend to enjoy the warmer weather which we will probably pay for later.Poor Charlie--he knows his life is about to turn upside down! I"m praying for you all. Glad Chuck is spoiling you some! Love you lots,
Aunt Paulette (still trying to find that book to send you).

Anonymous said...

Just seeing that tummy makes my back hurt!! Tina was right, she looks like a little ball in there. Sounds like you are "nesting". Charlie must know something is going to happen soon, they have weird instincts sometimes. I hope he's doing better.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that's a big tummy. Oh my goodness. I want Tessa to be born soon. Ah, I can't wait to see Tessa. I miss Charlie and Uncle Chuckie. Grandma is typing this for me and I will type my own next.
Love, Isabelle

zxcvbnnmasdfgjllllqwertyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiiop2346666666666777777777777777888888888888888888888888888888888889999999999900000000000000000000000000000